How to use TikTok’s Voiceover and Voice Effects tools
TikTok is a place for storytelling; a place where people push the boundaries of creativity to produce imaginative, compelling content every day. To help our community express themselves in new and exciting ways, our suite of editing tools is constantly evolving. The latest addition to our toolkit is Voiceover.
With Voiceover, brands, users and Creators can add a voiceover track to their videos, so they can narrate their story, sing along to their favourite song, or create instructional content with ease – and with a range of additional voice modification effects that range from baritone to chipmunk and beyond, the opportunities to enhance your video are endless.
Sounds simple, right? It is. Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to adding voiceovers to your TikToks.
Where do I find the Voiceover tool?
The Voiceover tool is part of TikTok’s video editing suite. You can find it in the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of the editing screen.
How do I use the Voiceover tool?
1. Record your TikTok video as you normally would, then continue to the editing screen.
2. On the editing screen, tap the ‘Voiceover’ button in the corner, indicated by a microphone icon.
3. Find the section of the video where you want to add your voiceover, then tap the ‘Record’ button to begin.
4. Once your voiceover is recorded, you can enhance it with a variety of voice effects. Press the ‘Voice effects’ button (just above the ‘Voiceover’ button) to access a range of effects. You can even combine more than one effect with powerful results.
5. When you’ve finished recording and editing your voiceover, you can adjust the volume using the ‘Volume’ tool (located in the same dropdown menu as the ‘Voiceover’ tool) and moving the ‘Original sound’ toggle.